I Didn’t Realise How Much a Bad Website Was Hurting Our Business

 For the longest time, I thought our website was “good enough.”

It worked.
People could see our services.
There was a contact form.

So I assumed the website wasn’t the problem.

But after a while I started noticing something frustrating. We were getting website visitors, but barely anyone was actually contacting us. At first I blamed the ads. Then I blamed competition. Then I thought maybe business was just slow.

But honestly, the real problem was the website itself.

I only realised that after speaking with a few web design companies around Liverpool.

The funny thing is, when you own a business, you get used to your own website because you see it every day. Customers see it for the first time. That’s a huge difference.

Once I started looking properly, I noticed all the issues.

The mobile version looked messy.
Pages loaded slowly.
Some buttons barely worked.
And the whole site honestly felt outdated compared to competitors.

That’s when I started searching for web design Liverpool because I realised customers were probably leaving the website before even contacting us.

And to be fair, I do the exact same thing myself. If I land on a website that feels old or confusing, I leave within seconds.

I ended up reading through Netplanet Digital’s web design page, and one thing they said actually made sense websites today aren’t just online brochures anymore.

They’re basically your first impression.

That’s true now more than ever.

People judge businesses incredibly fast online. Sometimes within a few seconds. If the site feels slow, outdated, or difficult to use on mobile, trust disappears almost immediately.

Another thing I didn’t realise was how connected web design and SEO actually are.

Originally I thought SEO was just keywords and rankings. But after speaking with SEO consultants in Liverpool, I started understanding that Google also looks at user experience now.

So if visitors land on your website and quickly leave because the experience is poor, that can hurt rankings too.

Which honestly makes sense.

Google wants to send people to websites that are actually useful.

A lot of business websites also feel overly generic now. Every page says:
“Professional service.”
“Trusted experts.”
“High quality solutions.”

After a while every business sounds identical.

The websites that stand out usually feel more natural and easier to understand. Clear information. Faster loading. Better layout. Less clutter.

That matters way more than people realise.

One thing I appreciated about Netplanet Digital was that they explained things normally instead of making everything sound overly technical. Half the time business owners don’t care about complicated marketing language  we just want a website that looks professional and helps generate more enquiries.

And honestly, once the website was improved, the difference became noticeable pretty quickly.

People stayed on the site longer.
More enquiry forms came through.
The business started feeling more professional online overall.

Not because of some magic trick.
Just because the website experience finally felt modern and easier to use.

Looking back now, I think many businesses around Liverpool probably have the same issue without realising it yet. They keep spending money on ads while sending traffic to websites that quietly push customers away.

That’s why good web design matters so much now.

And honestly, that’s probably why more businesses are searching for experienced SEO consultants in Liverpool too because rankings alone don’t help much if the website itself doesn’t build trust once people arrive.


For more info visit here:- 

seo services Penrith

SEO Agency Liverpool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unveiling the Expertise of a Professional Website Design Company - Netplanet Digital

Custom Web Design

Bespoke Website Design Services Tailored to Your Unique Needs